Last Tuesday Apple had their Spring Forward event and with it came a few new announcements. Check out some of the highlights below.
1. iOS 8.2 Launched: The second major release for iOS launched with support for the Apple Watch, and also comes with bug fixes and Healthkit enhancements.
2. Apple TV Price Drop/ HBO Now Exclusivity: Apple TV was dropped to $69 making it an even more affordable. HBO Now, HBO’s streaming service, will also be coming later this month exclusively on Apple TV (for now).
3. Research kit: Basically allows for iPhones to collect medical data for research institutions and for medical research that are connected to Healthkit.
4. Apple Pay Expansion: It is coming to over 600,000 new locations and over 40,000 new vending machines.
5. Apple Watch Pricing and Availability: Ranging from $350 dollars to $17,000 when combined with custom bands. Available to preorder from Apple.com and is being released April 24th. Apple Watch Edition will only be available in very select retailers.
6. The New Macbook: It is the thinnest Macbook ever, thanks in part to the new Intel Core M processor, and the new USB Type C connector. The new Macbook, includes a 12 inch Retina Display, a new force trakpad for haptic control, and is pressure controlled for context sensitive clicks. Finally, it comes in three colors. Classic Sliver, Space Grey, and Gold. The new Macbook, starts at $1300 and tops out at $1500. It will be in stores April 10th.
7. Macbook Air and Pro Refresh: Apple also refreshed their Mac lineups with new Processors. The Macbook Pro received the new Force Touch track pad.
Those who want to re-watch the presentation can find it here.