Canonical, the company behind the ultra popular Linux distro Ubuntu, have announced the availability of The BQ Aquaris M10 Ubuntu Edition table. The device will be the worlds first tablet powered by Ubuntu.
The Aquarius M10, from BQ a Spanish manufacturer, has 2 GB of RAM, a 1080p 10.1 inch display, a Quadcore MediaTek processor clocked at 1.5 Ghz and 16GB of internal storage.
The M10 runs Ubuntu Mobile, which is the portable version of its desktop which when connected to a monitor the “Convergence” feature activates turning it into its desktop compatriot. According to the company, Ubuntu is the only platform that runs both a mobile-based full touch interface and a true PC experience from a single smart device
In terms of applications, Ubuntu’s own application store works across all of its devices with easy developer tools provided to create an easy way for developers to code applications for its platform.
While in the Linux desktop scene Ubuntu is the most popular and widely installed Linux distro, in the mobile scene, Ubuntu is in the same situation as Firefox OS and Jolla – trying to stand out in a crowded mobile market.
Q Aquaris M10 Ubuntu Edition Full Specs
- 10.1 inch multi-touch screen
- MediaTek Quad Core MT8163A processor up to 1.5GHz
- High capacity Li-Po battery (7280mAh)
- Full HD (1080p) camera for super-sharp video recording
- 2GB RAM and 16GB internal memory
- MicroSD slot for extra storage (up to 64GB)
- 8 megapixel rear camera with autofocus and 5 megapixel front camera
- Frontal speakers
- Micro HDMI slot
- Dimensions: 246 x 171 x 8.2mm
- Lightweight at only 470g
Tell us how can we improve this post?