Crossing Souls is a unique game that is stuck in the 80s, but that’s a good thing in this case. The team behind the game appropriately describes the game as an “old-school action-adventure game with just a touch of RPG elements”, and that’s exactly what it looks like. The independent video game studio from Spain, has launched a Kickstarter campaign to help fund the game.
The game is designed with an orthogonal 2D view with an 80s looking style and themes. The storyline goes something like this:
“It’s 1986 in California. A group of friends will live the Summer of their lives after a mysterious discovery in their town’s woods. They will find an artifact whose powers they don’t understand and that will make them defy the laws of Nature, allowing them to interact between two planes of reality: life and death. This will trigger a series of unexpected events that will get them involved in a US Government conspiracy and a mysterious General who has his own plans. An adventure that will change their lives.”
Some features include:
- Hours of adventure with a classic style mixed with frenetic action.
- Explore bast lands of different cities.
- Play with a gang of kids to avoid a new war.
- Control the most suitable character depending on the situation.
- Switch between planes of reality: you can get into the dead zone and actually see ghosts from all times
This looks like a really fun game, so be sure to check it out and support it.