Have you ever wanted to write a book, but perhaps threw in the towel because you simply lost interest or inspiration? Ok well maybe most of us aren’t trying to write a novel any time soon, but we have all read books before. I am talking books because this weeks Indie Game Watch will focus on an action adventure game called Epistory – Typing Chronicles.
Epistory is an atmospheric adventure typing game that tells the story of a writer lacking inspiration who asks her muse to help write her latest book.
A writer has to start someplace, and usually that’s with a blank page, you too will start with a bank page in this adventure – the pages come to life as you gather inspiration. In Epistory you play as the muse – the inspiration to this unwritten tale, as you progress the writer’s story unfolds. The origami-like graphics of the game compliment the theme of book writing and storytelling. Plus, riding a giant three tailed fox is pretty cool.
Take a look at some of the games features:
- Play as the muse riding a giant three tailed fox, lost in a fantasy 3D world
- Solve mysterious puzzles and defeat enemies in epic combat
- Unfold the story as you explore the origami world in the writer’s head
- Discover all words you type have a deeper meaning and might influence the outcome of the story
- Control everything with a keyboard in this one of its kind typing game (English, French, German and Dvorak keyboards supported)
- Dynamic difficulty that evolves to fit each players’ skill set
- Challenge other players for the top spot in the arena leaderboards
You can find Epistory – Typing Chronicles over on Steam.