There are times where you find little gems hidden among the smorgasbord of games that are available, and when you do its great. Meet Legacy of the Elder Star, a fast-paced arcade shooter developed by Third Helix LLC. The game is all mouse-driven with optional keyboard combinations.
I played the demo and was immediately pleased with the games vibrant, hand-painted worlds and free movement mechanics with the mouse. While the demo only consists of one level you get enough of an idea of what the final product will look like; and to me that seems like a whole lot of addicting fun. You know, one of those games you refuse to put down until you get past that “certain part”.
Legacy of the Elder Star is still currently in development and is scheduled to be released in the Spring of 2015. You can download the demo and find out more information about the game over on its official website. Take a look at some of the in-game screenshots and key features of the game below.
- Fast-paced shmup gameplay with 1:1 mouse control for unparalleled fluidity
- A unique and graceful slashing mechanic
- Procedurally-generated gameplay sequences: say goodbye to the tedious level memorization required for success in other shmups!
- Optimize your build with collectible weapons and abilities
- Vibrant hand-painted imagery in gorgeous 1080p at 60 FPS